Business Development Consultant
Business Development Consultant
The Business Development Consultant will become a member of the Business Development Team within the Sales Enablement organization, driving Heartland’s growth and profitability by generating leads with new clients and maximizing opportunities with existing customers. Supports sales and marketing campaigns as defined by the Sales and Marketing teams.
Roles and Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
- Utilize current Sales and Marketing Tools (Hubspot, Connectwise, Etc) to call on companies to generate BANT (Budget, Authority, Need, and Timeline) qualified leads in new customers, active customers, and inactive customers.
- Generate demand for marketing events as defined by the Marketing and Business Development team leads.
- Develop, solicit, and maintain favorable relationships with new and existing clients in order to increase revenue.
- Engage in prescriptive repeatable selling techniques of Heartland and related products and services.
- Calling organizations from vendor generated lists as well as internal lists comprised of inactive customers and prospects. (Inactive customers are defined as someone who did not do business with us in the past year.)
- Be highly disciplined, time conscious, and motivated. Ability to stay “in the game” in the face of rejection.
- To promote and resell HBS products and services that will provide the highest return on investment of current and future customer IT expenditures.
- The training period for this position in expected to last 30-45 days. Following the training period, you will be expected to generate a minimum of 2 leads resulting in a conference call or in person meeting by the outside account manager with a potential client each week.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Accountability: Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility. This competency asks the question “How do you look at responsibility for your work?”
- Communication: Ability to promote understanding through exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Goal Oriented: Goal orientation looks at the ability of the individual to act to ensure that they and others stay focused on the task objective and perform in accordance with clear expectations and goals. This competency asks the question “How focused on results are you?”
- Relationship Building: Relationship building looks at the ability of the individual to establish and maintain a good rapport and cooperative relationship with customers and co-workers. This competency asks the question “Can you work effectively with different types of people and build rapport and trust?”
- Sales Ability: Sales ability looks at whether an individual can use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of a product, service, or idea from prospects and clients. This competency asks the question “How well can you present ideas or products and move others to action or to gain agreement?”
- Self- Motivated: Self motivational skills looks at the ability of the individual to reach a goal or perform a task with little supervision or direction. This competency asks the question “How successful are you at providing your own incentives for success?”
- Reliability: Reliability looks at the ability of the individual to be dependable and trustworthy. This competency asks the question “Do you see yourself as someone that is dependable?”
- Minimum one year of experience in direct marketing, field marketing, direct sales, field sales, tele sales, customer service, customer relations, client services, business development, or other marketing & sales related fields.
- Minimum one year of experience in the technology industry
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer service, lead generation, or sales role
- Solid understanding of internet technologies and marketing tactics strongly preferred
- Experience with a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) System
Required Skills, Education and/ or Certifications required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Entry level computer skills (Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office)
Preferred Skills, Education and/ or Certifications required:
- 2 year Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent phone presence and interpersonal skills
Equal Opportunity Employer - Disabled/Vets
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : Sales