Coordinator II - Information Security
Coordinator II - Information Security
The Springfield, Missouri Public School District is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Coordinator II- Information Security in the Information Technology Department.
The Springfield School District is Missouri’s largest public school district and has built a reputation of academic excellence based on the outstanding performance of our students and schools. About 25,000 students attend 36 elementary schools, an intermediate school, 9 middle schools, 5 high schools and a variety of alternative education and choice programs.
The Coordinator II- Information Security will be responsible for the governance around Springfield Public School/s Information Security policies, standards, and procedures. This position will collaborate with legal, regulatory, and compliance to assure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the organization’s information assets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Demonstrate a high level of expertise and professionalism building partnerships with customers.
- Monitor District networks for security breaches with follow up investigations if warranted.
- Monitor and evaluate systems’ compliance with IT security requirements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of systems and policies to ensure the security of information and data assets.
- Maintenance of systems and policies to ensure the security of physical information and data assets; monitoring of procedures and compliance with security policies to ensure that user access, resources, and information are secure.
- Monitor emerging network threats and regular consultation with other IT professionals and user departments to provide tactical and strategic technical guidance.
- Monitor the District network and client end-points daily using security monitoring and vulnerability assessment tools identifying issues that need resolution and communicating with the appropriate teams to remediate these issues.
- Manage day-to-day activities by utilizing the District service desk ticket system ensuring timely resolution of issues and communicating status to appropriate staff.
- Responsible for effective and timely communication utilizing email, phone and chat requests with users, technology staff, and departments as a single point of contact educating users on safe and appropriate behavior.
- Provide timely notifications, assigned reports and documentation of actions to appropriate staff responding to identified threats or issues.
- Document the District security infrastructure and procedures ensuring compliance with best practices and department practices in the efforts to secure the district computing environment.
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Information Assurance, IT Audit, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or related discipline required.
- Equivalent years of job-related experience considered in lieu of this requirement.
Certificates, Licenses and Other Special Requirements
- Security+ or GIAC information security certification or equivalent preferred.
- Must pass a Criminal Background Clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of algebra and/or geometry; review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include current, legacy and next generation firewalls; Multi-factor authentication; ipsec and ssl vpns; Kali Linux; data security, project management, processes and methodology.
- Skill to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to routinely upgrade skills to meet changing job conditions.
- Skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job, including: utilizing pertinent networks, applications, operating system monitoring and troubleshooting software; adhering to safety practices; planning and managing projects; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Ability to read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions in order to stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Ability to analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Ability to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use job-related equipment.
- Ability to work with others under a wide variety of circumstances; working with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using defined methods.
- Ability to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of widely varied types and/or purposes; and utilize job-related equipment.
- Ability to analyze issues and create action plans.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to apply critical thinking/problem solving to improve work processes.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality; set priorities; meet deadlines and schedules; work with detailed information; and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to set high expectations for self and others; set and monitor progress toward goals; and utilize and offer effective feedback for continuous improvement.
- Ability to work as part of a team; adapt to changing priorities; and apply logical processes and analytical skills.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Work environment is primarily inside, where the noise and temperature levels are moderate.
- The work is light work that requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects.
- Must possess the physical ability to work primarily with fingers, perceive the nature of sounds, make rational decisions through sound logic and deductive processes, express or exchange ideas by the spoken word, substantial movements (motions) with the hands, wrists, and/or fingers, and discern letters or numbers at a given distance.
- Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: balancing, grasping, hearing, kneeling, manual dexterity, mental acuity, reaching, repetitive motion, speaking, talking, visual acuity, and walking.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""