Full Stack Web Developer
Full Stack Web Developer
As a Web Developer based in our Springfield, Missouri headquarters, you will use your skills and expertise to convert the company’s proprietary task management system to a modern, sustainable codebase and infrastructure. Working with the IT Director and Project Manager, you will be expected to design and develop both front-end and back-end systems. This includes but is not limited to database changes and improvements, asynchronous processing, UX, mobile functionality, and more.
This is a 1099 contractor position – the project is expected to take 12 – 18 months. There will be an option to extend the project/position in 6 month increments dependent on EWI needs and growth.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform essential functions.
· Convert and migrate task management system to a modern and sustainable codebase and infrastructure
· Design and develop front-end and back-end systems including database changes and improvements
· Create and execute project timeline, deliverables, etc.
· Collaborate with IT Director/Project Manager to rebuild and update the system
· Creative and broad thinking
· Confidence to try unknown solutions
· Strong project management skills
· Strong problem-solving abilities
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written
· Ability to communicate with a variety of personality types and communication styles
· Effective time management skills, without micromanagement
· Solutions based approach – present solutions, not merely obstacles
· Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
· Ability to multitask and work with tight deadlines
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
· This is a full-time position for the duration of this project with the ability to work flexible hours. The work will be primarily performed in an office setting.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing web-based applications
· Proficient in modern web development languages and scripting
· Exceptional understanding of web application security and session management
· Knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP)
· Knowledge of design frameworks
· Experience writing well designed and commented code
· Strong understanding of MVC design patterns
· Experience with Responsive Web Design and mobile-first development
· Knowledge of version control tools
· Experience configuring and optimizing web server systems for optimal performance
· Knowledge of PHP and MySQL
· Knowledge of Amazon AWS services including EC2, S3, and RDS
· Knowledge of Windows desktop systems and troubleshooting
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however the employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Environmental Works provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
About Environmental Works, Inc.
Environmental Works, Inc. is an energetic and growing full-service environmental consulting and contracting firm. Headquartered in Springfield, Missouri, EWI has offices across the Midwest, but our reach extends to clients and projects across the U.S.
Responsibility | Our people take results personally
Informality | The work is the Boss
Candor | There are no hidden agendas
Transparency | We share our results with all levels of the company
Meritocracy | The best people deserve to be surrounded by the best
Vision Statement | We are a team of enjoyable, productive people, who believe that taking responsibility for our own happiness is the recipe for success.
Purpose Statement | When our clients have a need we dive in, diagnose, and apply the right combination of science, safety, grit, and ingenuity.
Mission | GSD (Get Shit Done)
Since 1992, EWI has handled environmental services for businesses of all sizes. We’re an ally for our clients – not only identifying projects, but offering innovative solutions based on proven research.
Our dedicated, hard-working team offers wide-ranging expertise and cutting-edge technology. We’re passionate about providing a proactive approach and unparalleled results.
Job Type : Contract, Full-Time
Education Level : Not Applicable
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development