Software Engineer III -- Supply Chain & Reverse Logistics
Software Engineer III -- Supply Chain & Reverse Logistics
Job Title: Software Engineer III - Supply Chain and Reverse Logistics
Company: SRC Logistics, Inc.
Location: Springfield, MO
Job Type: Full-time, Salaried Exempt
**This position is not eligible for relocation and/or sponsorship at this time.
About the Company:
SRC Logistics, Inc. is a leading provider of reverse logistics core management and warehousing services, catering to customers across various industries. Our integrated IT system empowers dealers, suppliers, and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) with real-time sales and return data. We are a company driven by a culture of ownership, financial literacy, and continuous improvement. Join us and become an Employee-Owner, contributing to our entrepreneurial and accountable environment.
We are seeking a talented Software Engineer III with Full Stack development experience to collaborate with our internal and external account management team. In this role, you will play a vital part in enhancing, designing, developing, and testing programs that facilitate the management of reverse logistics and operational processes. Your work will contribute to the satisfaction of our customers and the overall success of our supply chain operations.
- Creatively develop new code for web-based software solutions supporting the supply chain and reverse logistics industry.
- Develop new features, investigate bugs, and maintain existing web applications written in PHP, MySQL, and NodeJS.
- Ensure exceptional code quality and conduct thorough testing at both the unit and system integration levels for every newly developed feature.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and implement them accordingly.
- Contribute to improving the quality and design of the existing codebase.
- Provide technical problem resolution for less complex issues.
- Perform data integrity tests and validation, analyze output, and identify production issues and process flow requirements.
- Collaborate with users to enhance output and data integrity.
- Translate user needs and requests into technical processes and system design.
- Define reporting needs and execute required data resources for desired output.
- Collaborate with Quality to establish workflow standards and assist in implementing guidelines and training.
- Work in an Agile or Waterfall environment, participating in short sprints and development cycles.
- Manage data requisites from customers, including input/output flow and SQL interfaces.
- Develop and maintain utility programs and scripts for automation.
- Generate, maintain, and manage flowcharts of systems and processes.
This position involves primarily working in a controlled atmosphere, with occasional exposure to dust, fumes, noise, and varying temperatures for short periods. The role requires regular use of hands, fingers, and the ability to talk and hear. Adherence to safety standards, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated areas is mandatory. This position offers partial remote work, allowing up to 60% of the workweek to be performed remotely.
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or related field with an emphasis on programming.
- PREFERRED: Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Information Systems or related field with an emphasis on programming.
- 5 years of programming experience as a full stack developer.
- PREFERRED: 10 years of programming experience, with a proven track record in PHP, MySQL, or NodeJS programming and database structures.
- Complex problem-solving skills, including identifying, investigating, and evaluating options to implement solutions.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in completing tasks and reporting information.
- Strong judgment and decision-making abilities, considering costs and benefits to determine the most appropriate actions.
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management, multitasking, and prioritization.
- Relationship building skills, with the ability to build strong connections with supervisors, employees, and stakeholders.
- Active listening skills, attentively understanding and seeking solutions to points made by others.
- Effective communication, both oral and written, tailored to various audiences.
- Must be extremely reliable, responsible, dependable, in order to fulfill obligations
- Embrace opportunities to expand personal competencies and capabilities through training & education
- Engage and support Logistics’ safety culture and efficient operation of the business and maintain positive working relationships with employees across the organization.
- Participate in and support the principles of Great Game of Business and Open Book Management
What’s In It for Me?
At SRC, we want you to think, act, and feel like an Owner. One way we assist with that is by sharing the financials. You will get the opportunity to know exactly how the company is performing at any time. Sharing the wealth with those who help create it is important to us. As a full-time Employee-Owner, you will start your journey to full Employee Ownership on Day 1.
If you choose to become an Employee Owner, you will be eligible for the following:
- Full benefits package on your 61st day of employment including affordable medical, dental, and vision, company paid life insurance and short-term disability, and other elective benefits
- 401(k) with 5% match after 90 days of employment
- Employee Stock Ownership Program at no cost to the employee
- Immediately eligible for prorated Vacation and paid Holidays
- Opportunity for Quarterly Bonus Program
- 100% Tuition reimbursement program
- Opportunities for growth across the SRC family of companies
- Internal & External Volunteer Opportunities
- We like to WIN; you can expect fun team celebrations that typically involve food or giveaways, but most usually food!
Location: 2607 N. Mulroy Rd Springfield, MO 65802
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Development